Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Spelunking at Las Grutas de Cacahuamilpa

---


---

Looking into my box of 'keepsakes' I found some letters that I had typed and sent home to my mother in Manasquan in the early days of February, 1949. One of those letters told of the trip I took with a group of Rover Scouts from Group VII in Mexico City to the caves located near Taxco. The upper caves are well lit and developed for tourists. The cave we entered had no such amenities as lights, steps, cables, etc. I sure wished that I knew Spanish at that time so I could have communicated with the scouts and told them of the path that I found when I climbed way above them looking for a way forward into the caves. I went back to Taxco to explore more caves five or six years later but that is another story.

To more easily read the scans of the original journals click on any one of the page images.

George
---
---

No comments: